SERVICES WE PROVIDE FOR THE BUYER
A client is a buyer or seller who has signed a written listing contract or buyer-broker type contract to be “represented” by a broker. If there is no written agreement you will Not become a client! This written contract or agreement should answer:
- “How will the brokerage be paid and when?”
- “How long am I obligated under this contract?”
- “Can I also work with other brokerage companies during this agreement? Or, what will happen if I sell or buy on my own?”
- “Am I willing to let this brokerage company represent both me and the buyer (or seller)?”
A client is represented by the broker and his or her sales associates. If you are “represented” as a client, you can expect the real estate professional to:
- Reasonably act to negotiate the best price and terms for you;
- Tell you important information the agent knows or should reasonably have known which would influence your decision to buy or sell.
- Keep information about your bargaining position confidential in the marketplace; and
- Promote your interests with good faith, honesty and fair dealing and use reasonable skill and care in business dealings with you.
We offer many services to help you decide on the right property and the right terms of purchase. Our sellers recognize that not all buyers prefer the same property. Sellers know that it is in their best interest that we work closely with prospective buyers like yourself to provide you with the type of services and information you need to select the right property. Although we are employed by the seller, here’s what we can do for you:
Explain Real Estate: We will spend a lot of time explaining the complex terms, principles and practices of real estate. For example, you may want clarification of such things as easements, condominium by-laws, title insurance, and closing procedures.
Review Affordability: We review your financial situation so you don’t waste time looking at properties you can’t afford. This helps you set the right price range. To do this, we need the same type of information about yourself as you would tell a lender or the seller to show your financial qualifications. If you are not comfortable in disclosing personal financial information to a seller’s agent, you may consult a lender to determine qualifying price range.
Compare Properties: We can screen the various listed properties. We will collect detailed information on each property that meets your needs such as property taxes, zoning, utility costs, square footage and comparative values.
Provide Neighborhood Information: We will help acquaint you with your new community by providing information on municipal services, schools, churches, parks, shopping, etc.
Compare Financial Alternatives: Our salespeople are in close contact with the local lending institutions and we can help you choose from the long list of financing plans available to you. We can make appointments for you with a lender, help explain the loan application forms and monitor the loan processing.
There's more! Whether you're looking to buy a new home, business, investment opportunity, or looking to build a custom home, we will be with you every step of the way!
Review the "Agency Law in Idaho" form for a complete explanation. If you still have questions concerning agency, call us, we would be happy to assist.